About Me

My photo
I have been a crafter of all sorts for many years, and really love working with Paper and Threads. I am loving the design work I am doing now. I really seem to be getting back into my "art", even if I am doing it by computer now, instead of actually getting dirty while drawing. ;-) I have been avid about Thread Arts since I was a kid, learning to Crochet at 7, then Knit, Embroider, Needle Lace and finally Needle Tat. I love to design as well and am looking forward to taking the Needle Tatting that further step as well.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Frist Lesson...and First Homework

Well, we got our first Lesson today and here are the resulst of my homework.  I told you this would be slow going to start with, didn't I? ;-)  We have to learn the basics (crawl) before we can run.  No, she isn't teaching us to tat, but to design patterns.  All she told us in this lesson was to make a ring and chain to fit a specific set of  circumstances. 












In the meantime, I DO have something I WOULD like to share with you.  I did do some designing in Crochet that didn't get published (and therefore, I still hold the copyright to) and I would like to share them with you.  So, here is the one I would like to share with you today.  (I appolgize for the poor quality of the photograph, but this is the size needed for the publication I was attemping go for and my computer has crashed since then and I no longer have the original picture or the original doily to re-photograph, but I hope you can get the idea from these pictures how pretty this is!)  The finished Doily, worked in size 10 Thread, measures 32" accross.





If you would like this pattern (free) just click Here.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I love your doily and thank you so much for sharing the pattern. It is so beautiful.

    x Gill x

    ReplyDelete