About Me

My photo
I have been a crafter of all sorts for many years, and really love working with Paper and Threads. I am loving the design work I am doing now. I really seem to be getting back into my "art", even if I am doing it by computer now, instead of actually getting dirty while drawing. ;-) I have been avid about Thread Arts since I was a kid, learning to Crochet at 7, then Knit, Embroider, Needle Lace and finally Needle Tat. I love to design as well and am looking forward to taking the Needle Tatting that further step as well.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Tatted Pendant

I saw this pendant done up the other day in a stunning Red & Black combination for the Chinese New Year and just had to go find the pattern!  I've made it with the beads I have on hand at the moment...NOW I need to find some better ones...this Pendant reminds me SO much of Dreamcatchers!  The pattern is by Yarnplayer and can be found here.  I want to see if I can find some "feathers" to make a necklace set now.  Anyways...on to this one....I have tatted it with ONE Strand of DMC Light Effects Embroider Floss, color # E436 Golden Oak, using a #7 Needle.  The seed beads are some that I got in a recent Swap and the leaf beads are some that a friend gave me and that is all I have of that size, so I can't even make a set with this design.... :-<  Gotta get me some dangly beads! ;-p  The cord it is on is 2 strands of the same thread that has been twisted back on itself.

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Thank you for coming by my blog.
    Wow, what a beautiful pendant!
    I love this combination of threads and beads.

    ReplyDelete